Vendor- Turner, Steve
Mud Ride: A Messy Trip through the Grunge Explosion
Written by Steve Turner, lead guitarist of Mudhoney, a foundational grunge band that inspired musical icons from Kurt Cobain to Sonic Youth, Mud Ride features a foreword by Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard and never-before-seen photographs and grunge memorabilia throughout. Take a seat and ride through the messy and muddy grunge scene that grew from the basements of the Northwest and went on to circle the globe.
MUST HAVE FOR FANS: For cult fans of Mudhoney and all things Seattle grunge, this is the perfect book to add to your collection. Turner helped put Sub Pop Records on the map, a label that launched bands like Soundgarden and more. Mudhoney was also one of the first American grunge bands to tour Europe and the UK, laying the groundwork for the worldwide explosion of grunge. Learn more about the ins and outs of the birth of grunge and immerse yourself in '80s and '90s Seattle.
A GREAT GIFT FOR MUSIC LOVERS: For the aspiring musician or anyone wanting to learn more about music history, this is an illuminating look into grunge and Seattle bands that have gone on to become world-famous.
AN ESSENTIAL ROCK HISTORY BOOK: An amazing gift for readers of Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain's Please Kill Me, John Doe and Tom DeSavia's Under the Big Black Sun, and Michael Azerrad's Our Band Could Be Your Life. Anyone wanting to learn more about the history of grunge will delight in this great tell-all read.
- Music lovers, history buffs, and musicians
- Fans of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Hole, Green River, and more
- Anyone nostalgic for the '80s and '90s pop culture scene
- People obsessed with grunge, rock, musical movements, or Seattle history
- Readers of Please Kill Me, Under the Big Black Sun, Our Band Could Be Your Life, Grunge Is Dead, and Everybody Loves Our Town: An Oral History of Grunge
- Gen Z readers who have embraced all things '90s, from the decade's fashion to its music, and have sparked a resurgence in popularity of grunge bands like Nirvana
Hardcover, June 13th 2023