Vendor- Slater, Nigel
A Cook's Book
From the first jam tart he made with his mum, standing on a chair trying to reach his family's classic Aga stove, through learning how to cook on his own and developing his most well-known and beloved recipes, readers will be delighted by the origin stories behind Slater's work. Slater writes eloquently about how his cooking has changed, from discovering the trick to the perfect whipped cream to the best way to roast a chicken.
These are Nigel Slater's go-to recipes, the heart and soul of his simple and flavorful cooking. Chapters include:
- A Bowl of Soup: Pumpkin Laksa, Spicy Red Lentil Soup, Pea and Parsley Soup
- Breaking Bread: Soft Rolls with Feta and Rosemary, Blackcurrant Focaccia, Large Sourdough Loaf
- Everyday Greens: Cheesy Greens and Potatoes, Spiced Zucchini with Spinach, Herb Pancakes with Mushroom
- Everyday Dinners: Beet and Lamb Patties, Pork and Lemon Meatballs, Mussels, Coconut, and Noodles
- A Slice of Tart: Mushroom and Dill Tart, A Tart of Leeks and Cheddar, Blackcurrant Macaroon Tart
This is by far Slater's most personal book yet, and with gorgeous photography featuring Slater in his London home and garden, readers get a peek at his inspirations, motivations, and thoughts on the food world today.
Hardcover, March 7th 2023